|Associated Daimler Company (ADC) Bus|
Built in 1928 this A.D.C. chassis with petrol engine and United 35 seat, front
entrance, bus body, was new to United Automobile Services as their J 88 and
was registered VF 2788. It passed to Eastern Counties in 1931 and was
fitted with an ECOC 36 seat body in 1934. It was converted to an ambulance
in 1939 and stayed as such until reverting to a bus in 1946. It was
renumbered to J 379 in 1946 and was withdrawn in 1949, passing, minus
engine, to Dixie of Foxhall as an office.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1969|
|Current State:||As acquired, unrestored|
|Note: Not Currently on display|
It later passed to Wilding &
Smith as an office before being obtained by the Museum in 1969. Since that
date another A.D.C. chassis has been acquired, complete with A.E.C. petrol
engine and gearbox.
The ultimate intention is to restore the vehicle to the rebuilt style.