This item of roadmaking equipment is a Tar Pot type D, No RO22 and was
built by John Yates (Engineers) of Birmingham in 1900. Its function was to
melt the tar used in road construction to bind the road surface together.
The history of this particular vehicle is unknown, although it was typical
of those used all around the country.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1984|
|Current State:||As acquired, unrestored|
It was obtained by the Museum in 1984.