|Barford and Perkins Roller|
Built in 1925, this vehicle was new to the Royal Air Force at Halton in
Buckinghamshire and was used to roll the grass runways at that airfield.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1982|
|Current State:||Fully restored|
Its subsequent history is not clear, although it finally ended up at
Thurston Building Supplies near Bury St Edmunds. They recognised its
historic value and donated it to the Museum in 1982 together with sufficient
funds to restore it to RAF condition.
Originally powered by an Albion petrol engine it is now fitted with a Morris engine.