Ipswich Transport Museum
Preserving the transport heritage of Ipswich since 1965, and now supported by the Friends of the Ipswich Transport Museum. The Ipswich Transport Museum is a Registered Charity No. 276626 and an Accredited Museum, number RD890.
Homebullet point
Museum Exhibitsbullet point
Commercialsbullet point
Trams and Trolleybusesbullet point
Eastern Counties busesbullet point
Ipswich busesbullet point
Independent busesbullet point
Chevrolet LQbullet point
Bedford WLBbullet point
Bedford OBbullet point
Service vehiclesbullet point
Emergency vehiclesbullet point
Lifting and Handlingbullet point
Personal Transportbullet point
Horse Drawn vehiclesbullet point
Last Updated:
update date
Bedford OB Coach
Bedford OB Coach
Date:1949
Registration:PV 9371
Acquired by the Museum:1975
Current State:Fully restored and operational
Purchased by the Suffolk Independent operator Mulleys Motorways in 1949, this 27 seat Duple bodied vehicle, which incorporates a sliding sun roof, was registered PV 9371. It is a typical example of the 1950s form of passenger vehicle which operated in this area. This particular vehicle was used until 1971 before being placed in storage for four years prior to its purchase for preservation in 1975.

In the mid 1980s the body structure was completely rebuilt by the Manpower Services scheme and the seats were all re-upholstered.

In 1991 a period of loan to Ipswich Coach Travel commenced, and after considerable mechanical work, it returned to PSV service on private hire work and special services. It carried the livery of JDW (Bluebird) Coaches for a period, a well known local operator of Bedford OBs, it is now again in Mulleys livery.