Built in 1933 and registered PV 817 this was a totally Ipswich produced
vehicle, with a Ransomes chassis and Ransomes 48 seat double deck body and
was the first double decker in the fleet. This was the first of the
Ipswich Corporation vehicles to carry the new livery which incorporated
mottled aluminium panelling which became a hallmark of ICT trolleybuses.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1971|
|Current State:||as acquired, unrestored|
It was withdrawn from service in August 1951 and became a caravan at
Needham Market before passing to the Museum in January 1971.
This particular vehicle is considered by many to be of national importance as
an early example of the British Double-deck trolleybus and it is hoped that
finance will be obtained in the future to rebuild and restore this bus to
original condition. All of the electrical equipment is in hand to make it
operational again, although the cost of full restoration would probably
be in the region of £50000 - £80000.