|Ransomes Electric Lorry No. 4|
Built in 1915 as the fourth prototype Ransomes lorry, this differs from
DX 1664 in the fact that the motors are mounted on the chassis and drive the
rear wheels by use of chains, it also retains its tipping gear. It was
used as a demonstrator and works vehicle until it was registered PV 6736 in
1940 for use on public roads. It remained as a works vehicle until being
withdrawn in 1965 and presented to the collection by RS&J in 1966.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1966|
|Note: Not Currently on display|
This vehicle is currently in the process of being reassembled after being
stripped for restoration.