Built in 1940 this Factory Truck was typical of many Ransomes trucks that
were used in factories and by the main line railway companies. Mechanically
it features four-wheel tiller steering, constant velocity drive joints and
coil spring suspension. The drive is from one electric motor driven from a
40 volt lead acid battery.
|Acquired by the Museum:||?|
|Current State:||Restored, fully operational|
Unusually, forward motion on this truck is with
the load platform leading, with driver standing on the rear platform.
However, it could be driven backwards at the same speed with the driver
facing outwards from the platform.