A typical industrial truck to carry a payload of one ton which was
manufactured by Ransomes Sims and Jefferies in 1950. Steering is by
turning the front powered wheel by the hooped bar, which also serves as the
accelerator. The batteries are mounted under the drivers seat and connected
to the steered motor unit by an "umbilical cord". This particular example
came from St Helens Hospital in Ipswich in 1971.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1971|
|Current State:||Cosmetiacally restored|
Several more examples were acquired by the Museum in 2002, which had been in use up until
the time they were acquired by the Museum.