|Commer Avenger Fire Appliance|
Registered KRT 920, this Whitson bodied fire appliance entered service with
the Suffolk and Ipswich Fire Service
on 3rd November 1950, at Ipswich Fire Station.
It was originally a water tender type A specification, but was
later converted to a type B specification with the fitting of 350/500 gpm
pump. From Ipswich the vehicle was transferred to Southwold, where it
remained for the rest of its active life, apart from a few months as a
spare engine at Lowestoft.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1975|
|Current State:||Fully restored and operational|
It was obtained for preservation in 1975.