Registered KAH 407 this bus was new to Eastern Counties in 1949 with a
Bristol L chassis and Eastern Coachworks 35 seat rear entrance bodywork.
For most of its life with Eastern Counties it carried the fleet number
LL 407, becoming LL 907 in 1964 and being withdrawn in 1965.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1977|
|Current State:||Fully restored and operational|
via Ben Jordan (dealer) it passed first to Drewery of Chigwell, and then
Winlon Autos of Harrow before being purchased for preservation by the West
of England Transport Museum, Winkleigh in October 1969. It subsequently
passed to two different preservationists in the Northamptonshire area before
being purchased by the collection in January 1977.
This vehicle has
undergone a full restoration, and returned to the road in 2001.