This 8 wheel lorry, registered JCE 725, was new in 1950 to Chivers of Histon
in Cambridgeshire and was originally believed to have been a flatbed vehicle.
After a few years it passed to Carters of Melton, near Woodbridge, who used
it until the 1960s.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1990|
|Current State:||Restoration underway|
It then passed to Stocks' Funfair who operated it up
to about 1972, after which it was left in a hedge at the Leiston site of
Some restoration work was started on it by Stocks in 1989/90,
but a decision was made to sell it for preservation. It was therefore
purchased for the Museum in November 1990.
It is currently being restored by museum volunteers, with the work being at an advanced stage in winter 2011/12. We have very few images of this vehicle in service and would like to acquire copies of any that may exist today.