Purchased by Ipswich Corporation Tramways in 1902,
this vehicle was used to
erect and to maintain the overhead wires on the tram system. It survived
after conversion to a trailer unit, to be used to repair the replacement
trolleybus wires until 1963. It was used to maintain the lighting at
Constantine Road Bus Depot after this, before spending a number of years
dumped out of use before being obtained by the collection in 1970.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1970|
|Current State:||Fully restored|
Some restoration work was undertaken on this vehicle by a Manpower Services
Scheme in the mid 1980s, but a complete repaint was undertaken during the
1991/92 winter period.