|Ipswich Corporation Handcart|
One of a pair built in 1903 or 1904 by Gilbert Brothers, Birmingham to the
order of Ipswich Corporation Tramways for
permanent way work. This handcart
would have mainly been used in repairing the stone setts which paved the
road between the tram rails and for 18" either side.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1986|
|Current State:||As acquired|
It was donated by
executors of the late Mrs. Richard Chandler, wife of the former manager of
Ipswich Corporation Transport, in 1986.