|Dennis New World Fire Engine|
This Fire Engine, registered EBJ 732, was purchased by Gipping Rural
District Council in 1939 for use at Needham Market. It remained based
there until 1950 when it was transferred to Bond St Fire Station in
Ipswich where it operated until withdrawal in 1966.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1985|
|Current State:||Fully restored and operational|
It was then purchased
by the Felixstowe Dock & Railway Company who used it as one of their
emergency vehicle fleet until 1985. After 46 years of active service the
Dock Company placed it on loan to the Museum in the spring of that year.
The Felixstowe Dock & Railway Company donated the fire engine, affectionately
known as `Nellie' to the Museum in April 2006.