New to Eastern Counties Roadcar Company in 1927,
this vehicle registered
DX 6591 was originally a B9B chassis with a 4 cylinder petrol engine and
a 30 seat coach body of unknown origin. It was numbered 78 in the Roadcar
fleet and became PA 78 on the formation of the Eastern Counties Omnibus Co.
in 1931. The bus was converted to B9A style in 1934 with a new chassis
frame and a new 36 seat bus body built by ECOC themselves.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1967|
|Current State:||As acquired, unrestored|
|Note: Not Currently on display|
It later became PA 778 and was finally withdrawn in 1947 passing to Chivers and
Sons of Histon for staff transport. It was converted to a shepherds hut
in 1953 and presented to the collection in 1967.