This trolleybus was purchased by Ipswich Corporation as part of a fleet of
15 similar vehicles, which, with 15 built by Ransomes, replaced the trams
in Ipswich in 1926. It was registered DX 5629 and numbered 26 in the fleet.
The chassis is a Garrett 'O' type incorporating a Bull motor, fitted with
31-seat bodywork by Strachans and Brown of London. It was one of a few
Garretts to have the bodywork refurbished just before the war.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1995|
|Current State:||as acquired, unrestored|
It was withdrawn from service in 1945 and became a summer house at Pin Mill. It
was eventually rescued by the Long Shop Museum and stored outside their
Museum in Leiston.
In early 1995 it was transferred to the Museum where it awaits restoration. It is not normally on view.