This motorbus was purchased by Ipswich Corporation in 1954 to enable trolleybus replacement. The chassis is the AEC Regent III with pre select gearbox and 9.6 litre diesel engine, whilst bodywork is by Park Royal and can carry 56 seated passengers. This bus was No.16 in the Ipswich fleet. Unlike similar bus No.1, the body is a semi lightweight design with numerous detail differences. No.16 purchased by the Museum and sold to Mr J Bedford of London in 1974.
|Acquired by the Museum:||On loan from October 2011|
|Current State:||Fully restored and on display in the museum|
The vehicle was restored over the next fifteen years or so and was brush painted by Ipswich Buses in 1990. The vehicle was resident at Cobham Bus Museum for many years. No.16 joined our museum on loan from John Bedford in October 2011.