Registered CAH 923 this bus was new to Eastern Counties in 1938 with Dennis
Ace chassis and Eastern Coachworks 20 seat front entrance bodywork. It was
first numbered D3 and later became D973 before being withdrawn in 1949. It
was sold minus engine to Bickers of Coddenham who fitted second-hand engines
and gearboxes from ex Ipswich dustcarts. A replacement 22 seat body from
D976 was also fitted.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1966|
|Current State:||Partially restored|
Withdrawn in 1960 it was purchased for preservation
by E Mouser in 1965 when the body was replaced again by that off D989 and
the bus passed to the collection in 1966.