|Ipswich Trolleybus No 126|
Numerically this was the last trolleybus to be purchased by Ipswich
Corporation and was one of a batch of 12 Sunbeam F4 vehicles with Park
Royal 56 seat bodywork. It entered service in 1950 registered ADX 196.
It ran in Ipswich until 1962 when it was sold with some other members of
the batch to Walsall Corporation Transport, where it continued to operate
until 1970. It was purchased for preservation that year and then returned
to Ipswich. The exterior of the bus was restored in 1980 for the Centenary
of Public Transport celebrations in Ipswich and the interior of the vehicle
is now being fully restored.
|Acquired by the Museum:||1970|
The vehicle spent some time at
Sandtoft Transport Centre
near Doncaster when it was first restored, where it was able to
operate under their overhead wiring.